Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Doctor is in...well, at least for a bit



I found a few moments today to work with a few of my 'patients'.  The last time I worked on my little English Wax Fashion doll, I had completed work on the head, restoring it to much of its former beauty. 


At that time I had not yet begun to work on the body or the clothing.  There was really little to do on the body other than to find and add a pair of arms.  The clothing needed a good wash, which was accomplished first with Orvus and then a product I love called Re-store.  Re-store was created for quilters and meant to take the yellowing out of old delicate textiles.  It works wonders on antique doll clothes and is completely safe and very gentle.  I also tackled cleaning her shoes.  I think there is enough there to restore them so she can wear the originals, but that is a job for another day. 




 Recently on EBay I made contact with a lovely seller named Lynda Randle.  Her EBay seller ID is lyndalou4u.  She used to work in a doll hospital and she makes lovely replacement leather arms for dolls.  I purchased a pair for a very reasonable price on EBay and when I checked, found they were perfect for the wax fashion doll.  If you are looking for leather arms for one of your dolls, please check her work out on EBay.  You can see the arms in the photo of the doll below.  (And yes, those are the same clothes as shown above!)


Her dress is on the way.  I purchased it on Ruby Lane and will share the completed doll with you as soon as it arrives and she has donned her walking suit. 

Here is an update on my Gallimufry girl.  I baked her a bit more today to remove the old wax.  Her charm is starting to shine through.  Check back for more soon as I begin to restore this lovely little girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment