Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Life 'as it is' and Milliner's Model completed


As I reread my last few posts, I saw that I had mentioned my mother's fall in January of this year.  I was working my way through the medical maze at the time of admissions, brief stays, etc.  The nightmare continued as I had to make the choice to place my mother in a full-time facility.  Not only was I unable to cope with her physical needs, but the dementia she had been experiencing progressed rapidly from there and, in the end, she needed professional 24 hour a day care.  This meant applying from Medicaid. This second nightmare took until the end of February.  In March I had surgery, which took about 2 months to recover from - and then I was back to work at the historic site.  I mention all of this to explain why I have not posted to this blog since last January!

Goodness, time does indeed fly!

Anyhow, I hope to get back to posting more regularly.  This is my season for working on dolls, so I should have some new projects to share soon.

For today, I am going to re-post the 'after' photos of the little Milliners Model I featured in the last restoration post.  (She has been redressed since the last photo was taken.  This was a quick 'mock up' dress to take the photo).

Thanks for reading and for your patience!

Marla



No comments:

Post a Comment