Wednesday, August 20, 2014

It can't be....


It simply cannot have been 5 months since I have posted to this blog.  I must have been dream-posting, because I remember other posts that I was sure would be here when I pulled up the URL - but they're not!

Time doesn't fly, it slips by like greased lightning.

Anyhow the culprit is, as always, the fact that I went back to work in April.  When you are in the tourist industry, the spring/summer months are not your own.  We have two and a half months to go (mostly dealing with school kids) and then I will be off for the winter and maybe I can catch up on everything else that has been neglected for so long.

Anyhow, my last post (I guess I have to admit it was that one in March!) dealt with the milliners model I had purchased and restored.  Since then I have purchased another milliners, a poured wax (who is on her way in the mail) and a very distressed moth-decimated Lenci.  As I work through the restorations on these three, I will detail them here.  Here's what the dolls look like now:

   
  
For the rest of this post I will catch up on two of the projects I had posted about before.  The Greiners are complete.  Here are some photos of them before and after.  If you remember I detailed their restoration process as well as the process for saving the brown dress on the smaller of the two.  
  




 


 



I will be posting again tonight, detailing two projects I did for a client recently, including a beautiful and rare carved hair Schoenhut boy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment